Elie A. & MEKA Bahow Family Scholarship
As a Catholic campus ministry, St. Paul’s Catholic Student Center is dedicated to the service of students of the University of Wisconsin-Madison in helping them know, love and serve Jesus Christ. Through the generosity of the Bahow Family, St. Paul’s is pleased to offer the Elie A. & MEKA Bahow Scholarship, open to UW-Madison students, to support their formation in academic excellence in addition to providing opportunities to form their spiritual lives.
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES:
- Applicants must be a UW-Madison Junior or Senior (4th or 5th year) during the 2020-2021 academic year
- Complete application including:
- Scholarship Form (below)
- Two letters of recommendation (only one from St. Paul’s community/staff)
- A one to two page essay describing service offered, leadership exercised on campus and in the St. Paul’s community, reason for pursuing degree in the chosen field, intended career path, and how faith shapes the understanding of this path and your life’s direction
- Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted
- Priority will be given to students studying engineering or health sciences field, but all majors are considered and encouraged to apply
St. Paul’s will award two scholarships of $1,000 each, applicable towards tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year. The selection committee affiliated with St. Paul’s Catholic Student Center will make its decision primarily on the student’s involvement and commitment to serving the St. Paul’s and broader Madison-area communities and the style/content of the applicant’s personal essay.
Applications and accompanying materials must be received by Natalie Paczuski at St. Paul’s Catholic Student Center by either electronic copy via this form below OR Hard Copy mailed/delivered to St. Paul’s, Attn: Bahow Scholarship, 723 State Street, Madison, WI 53703. All submissions, electronic or hard copy must be received by April 15, 2020 at 5 o’clock pm.