Welcome to Saint Paul’s Catholic Student Center!
Finding a Home at Saint Paul’s
- Get Registered! Once you submit this form, one of our staff members will get in touch with you based on your interests!
- Attend one of our weekly events. Newman Dinner and Alpha Omega (AO) are our weekly undergraduate events and Mustard Seed is for our Grad/YP’s.
- Join the AO Vision Team! This team plans our Thursday night undergraduate community event with speakers, games, and lots of laughs. Contact our Director of Evangelization, Helena Dziadowicz, if you’re interested!
- Food, formation, and friends! What more could you want?! Be a part of the Hospitality Team and help cook Newman Dinner every Thursday. Contact Garrett Solum to join!
- Attend one of our retreats! These are a great opportunity to grow closer to Jesus and others in the community. Contact Julianna Kollross with any questions.
- Freshmen! Join one of our Freshman Small Groups! Check the Freshman Small Group box when you register or reach out to one of our Freshman Out Reach Interns, Alex Norby and Allison Oman.
- Follow us on social media, the links are in the top right corner of the page!
Lectors proclaim the word of the Lord to the congregation, drawing the assembly more deeply into the mystery being celebrated. They prepare the readings in advance. They approach the ambo with dignity and reverence, and proclaim the readings in a strong, clear voice. Lectors are scheduled on a rotating basis.
Altar servers assist the priest during Mass. This assistance comes in the form of being candle bearers, book servers, and the assistants of the priest at the altar. Altar servers are scheduled on a rotating basis.
Master of Ceremonies
The Master of Ceremonies assists the priest and directs the altar servers during Mass. The MC helps to prepare the altar for the Consecration and cares for the sacred books during Mass. Masters of Ceremonies are scheduled on a rotating basis.
Sacristans prepare the chapel for the celebration of the liturgy. They put sacred objects and books in their proper places to allow the Mass to proceed smoothly. They also work with the liturgical ministers, giving guidance and instruction as needed. By helping other participants in the liturgy, sacristans help create an atmosphere that is more conducive to prayer and holiness of the people gathered at Mass. Sacristans are asked to serve weekly or bi-weekly at one of the weekend liturgies.
Interested in Mass Ministry?
Musicians play an essential role in the work of God that is the liturgy. The choir leaves an indelible impression on the minds of all who take part in the worship of the faith community. Music in the liturgy is so much a part of the fabric of worship that if it is done well, it gives a glimpse of the Divine and facilitates the prayer of all present. If you are interested in being a part of Music Ministry email Maria Steigerwald.